Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

My Brother

After calling my dad and wishing him a happy father's day, I turned around and called my brother, Tracy. He's three years my senior (46). Though as kids growing up we never quiet got along, over the years we've gotten along. After years of alcholism he's finally realized his issues and is now "recovering" - 172 days. Yesterday he got out of the hospital; he had his first heart attack. He was also diagnosed with emphysema - like our dad (whose 65). Now in this late stage of his life my brother realizes he's allowed so much of his life to slip away with little joy to show for it. Though we've grown closer over the last few years, we can't make up for passed failures, and my living in Texas and him in Indiana doesn't help matters; but we're trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK