Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

THE OPEN ROAD


   On FACE BOOK I started an ADD A LINE STORY, and thanks to the following people for their great comments it went wonderful: Carlos Ivan Sanchez, Liz Rowe, Mike Cope, Randy Sites, Rodney Lynn Romero, Ron Shiflet and of course myself David Snow.

--------As it appeared:--------

IDEA: BUILD ON MY STORY... The man walked alone on the open stretch of highway. Having just left one dusty god forsaken town, he headed north for better prospects of a job. Wearing his best blue jeans and button down shirt with back pack slung over his shoulders that contained all his belongings. His name was -----
stamped on his leather belt, and his boots were worn down at the heels. He paced along, steadily eating at the miles, ignoring the cat calls from the occasional trucks that passed. As he grew steadily closer to his desination, he began to wonder what he would find in the new town. "I really would like -----------"
a cold ass beer right about now." The heat of the road was getting to him and making him angry. A few more miles he thought to himself. But the road would seem like it would never end. More trucks hissed on by untill one happend to pull over. A sight of relife loomed ahead on the road. The blistering heat has taken a toll on his senses as he approached the truck. A fugure appears out of the truck------
"should I take this ride?" I was thinking to myself. It's so hot out here, and can't walk no more. " My feet are killing me." So i walked to the driver and said "Man I need a ride really bad , as you can see, can you help me out?" He said, "Sure hop in" , so i did , and was thinking maybe we should at least have a conversation, so i asked him_______?
His name was Ralph by the way.... Lol
"So, Ralph, thanks for the lift - where ya headed," I asked. "Utah." His one word grunt followed by an extended silence began my reevaluation of having accepted this ride. Ralph was a huge man whose unswerving gaze was upon the unending road before him was beginning to make me uneasy. His next words did not falter," Where you headed in this blistering heat?" Looking out my side window as the sequoia cacti began blurring by with the bearded driver's speed gaining on the blacktop, I said,"-------"
Not heading anywhere. More like running away from something. By the way have you ever heard the story about Large Marge.

"I guess all of us gear-jammers have heard that one," he answered. "Whatever you're running from is your own damn business just as long as it don't cause me trouble."
"Nothing illegal," I said, continuing to to watch the bleak terrain pass by.
"What are you hauling?" i asked, eager to change the subject.
"Drill bits," he replied. "For one of the oil field operations out of Midland."
"wow" drill bits, he replied. "you must have a pretty darn heavy load." so how long have you been drivin" trucks
 not very long i keep missing my loads. i keep putting them in the wrong places
Trying not to show my growing grin at such a ridiculous comment, Ralph continued, "Since the accident with the nail gun fourteen years ago my thinking ain't as sharp as it use ta be."
"So, where you headed, and why?" Ralph said daring me to make a wisecrack about his damaged brain.------
 Remember back in 02 the big blackout up and down northeast coast. Well that was me. I was working on a invention, Free cable t.v. useing only a hairdryer, car battery, and a cordless telephone. going real good. untill I added the depleted uranium. missed up not adding the ceiling fan coz the sh@t needed something to hit
‎"That was you, huh?" he replied. "My cousin got mugged during the blackout and ain't been right since. Just sits in her apartment and has covered all the windows with aluminum foil."

Is your cousin hot? sounds like my kinda woman. Hey can we make a stop up here i go see if my package got delivered.
Ralph looked at me, and asked "What kind of a package? And just why would I want to stop? Especially for someone who caused my cousin some hurt? In fact, the more that I think on it..." He paused to rub at something I had taken to be a large guage piercing, but now realized was the head of a nail. "Ummm, looki at the smugmobile trying to pass you. Darn hippies!" Ralph, distrracted by his favorite prey, ------
I am receiving something that i would rather not talk about, If i told ya i would have to kill ya. sorry to be so blunt, But you just don't understand my situation. If you can't help me out, just either drop me off their and you can ride on, or just trust me. Whataya say?
"Ralph, guns the big ole semi truck, diesel fumes, filling the sky, trying to catch up with those damn hippies..... "
Whoa Ralph stop! You going to kill them. Slow down. Ralph said, tell me whats in the package or it's Hippies dead on the road. ok ok i will.
Ralph pulls the truck over the side of road. Ok boy Whats coming in the mail thats got you on the run. Well let me put it this way. It's going to get really crowded in texas in a few weeks. Need to get as far from Dallas as soon as posible
 In the package is two very rare insects. Well now their very rare. But in about 10 days going to change that.
Whatever you do ralph, do not let them drink buttermilk..... that is what the chinese guy told me... i don''t know what will happen, just hope they never drink that stuff......
There called Syberia albino snow chiggers. Their the only insect that can live in below freezing temp. Good thing to cause that keeps the reproductive system down. They are the fastest breeding creature in the world. They breed every 2 hours and hatch up to 18 thousand eggs a time and have a 99% birth rate.
And if they get any milk products mainly buttermilk. they will grow up to 10 times their normal size. oh yeah I sent the package to the bigest dairy process plant in the country. opps mybad
‎"So, how'd you end up in the snow chigger biddness?" I asked nervously. Ralph shot me the hairy eyeball, then glanced around nervously as if he thought somebody might be eavesdropping on a truck flying down the highway at eighty-five miles an hour. Satisfied that we were not being spied upon he began to speak in a hushed tone (just in case.) "The doctors said if they took the nail out of my brain it would kill me so I was better off just to leave it in. Well, about a month later I started wakin' up in the night hearin' voices. I thought I was goin' nuts. But it was signals. This damned thing is an antenna." The look on his face told me Big Ralph wasn't kidding.

I started calculating the chances of survival of jumping from a truck moving eighty-five miles an hour. "And the bugs?" I asked sheepishly. Ralph grunted and shrugged. "I was told to take them to Dallas, Denver, Detroit-- ever' big town that started with the letter D-- and stash 'em, to prepare the way." I felt a little sick. "To prepare the way for what, Ralph?"

Just as he opened his mouth to answer a strange warbling hum filled the cab of the truck and a shadow passed over us.

"Crap, they found us!" Ralph snarled as he gunned the big rig and ground the gears for all he was worth. I glanced in the mirror and was astounded to see behind us _______
Three Texas State Trooper vehicles, an Oklahoma Hummer all flashing lights as a helicopter flew over head in the mix. Suddenly...
Ralph pointed to the nail in his head - "It wasn't really an accident. Aliens..." I looked at him, "You mean?" "Yep" he whispered, "I've been tagged, and them chiggers are going to be tagging people as they get loose." I took a deep drag on my cigarette, and pondered this for a while. After about 15 miles had passed ----
I was blinded by a flash of green light and the pursuing law enforcement vehicles were gone. They were just gone!

Everything looked different. The road was not familiar. The landscape had changed. Even Ralph looked different.

We had caught up to the car full of hippies in front of us. In fact, we were smashing into its back bumper at well over a hundred miles an hour. The truck began to jacknife. It was if everything was moving in slow motion. The truck and the car full of hippies rose into the air. Whatever had us had them too.

I could do nothing. I was paralyzed. I watched the vehicle in front of us. A passenger in the back seat was staring at me intently. He looked so strange. It began to dawn on me that his face did not look human. It was the face of ________
"It was the face of an alien" , As soon as everything was going in slow motion, it was like a movie theater reel that was set on a slower speed. We were all transported into some sort of alien "Mother Ship" . "We were all abducted......
‎"By Aliens
 The hippies were there with us. but they weren't hippies anymore. I looked over to see if Ralph was still with me. he was and Ralph was grinning back at me. Dorothy were not in Kansas anymore
Wiping sweat from his brow, the man walked alone on the open stretch of highway. Having just left one dusty god forsaken town, he headed north for better prospects of a job. Wearing his best blue jeans and button down shirt with back pack slung over his shoulders that contained all his belongings.
/////////// THE END ////////////////////

FACEBOOK