Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

From My Book


TENACITY’S WINNER
No holidays or early morning presents.
No patriotic salutes or cheers, or pep rallies.
No Amazing Grace or songs with Hallelujahs.
Bewitched and Addams Family were demonic.
Going to bed without eating was discipline.
In Bible Times a kid like us were stoned.
I was asked more than once if I was retarded.
Slapped many times – now deaf in right ear.
I’m behind the learning curve even as an adult.
Stupid was more than just a sarcastic insinuation.
The Watchtower was revered, TIME forbidden.
Dysfunctional cousins were the non-religious ones.
I was slow; advanced for my Special Ed classes.
Considered “retarded” until I met Cope in sixth grade.
I am not a victim just a proud survivor with tenacity.


Click book cover...



...



No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK