Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Cindy - My Sister


   Cynthia Diane.  My sister passed away on August 31st, 2018, having been born in 1960 she only 58 years old.  All life is too brief.  We each take our learnings and build upon them in our own fashion.  Cindy's journey had many such twists and turns. Marriages, a son, grandchildren and her own family history of trials and tribulations, but she proved herself to be just as tenacious as they come.  She will be missed deeply by those who knew her.  Most, by her family, and least by those whose lives she touched even in passing.  

   Because of my own experiences and dilution of time and our fading years in becoming our own persons, sadly we drifted apart through the years; but I was blessed when she embraced my desire to reach out and reconnect as adults.  Dad scared her half to death as she hid behind the living room curtains waiting to be found, peeing the floor we laughed as hard as she did.  She dressed me, her little brother up in her dresses and practiced her makeup skills on me as well.  The smell of mustard on fired baloney sandwiches will forever recall my  sister's smile to my memory.  Her gleeful hooting shout as she and I enjoyed speeding back roads in our brother, Tracy's first car.  Oh, such were the days of youth.  Flashing forward to our adult reunion, we both shared our memories, thoughts and emotions of all those missed opportunities and new life experiences; using poetry as the vehicle.  Life is a brief thing.  Seems, once you get a handle on it, it's over.

   What is the meaning of "life"?  In my journey-experience it is to make it "meaning-full".  The journey is life, the experience of choices and consequences of lessons learned and lessons passed on; for that is what makes us human - the "passing on of life".  Thank you Cindy for teaching me more than you will even know.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK