Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

The Book of Dreams iii-VIII

……………………………………………………………………………………….
THE BOOK OF NAMES:    THE TALE OF Stephen (and Leeann):


   A light breeze blew through the trees making the yellow-green leaves shimmer, giving the sun a chance to shine through.  Its brilliance made the Spring afternoon all the more beautiful just as the young girl dressed in white came from a pathway into the clearing.  A hummingbird flew over and landed on the gazebo’s banister beside the man who turned around to see her approach the steps, “Hello, Miriam, I haven’t seen you in a while.  I was hoping I would, I was going to ask you a question.  It’s nice being able to see you again.  You look a little taller than the last time.”
 She smiled at the man’s greeting, “Have I grown up so much in a year?”  Her freckled face blushed that he even noticed.
 The older man’s eyes widened with surprise, “It’s been a year already? Felt like last night.”
 The turn of her head gestured back to where she’d come from, “I was getting water from the river for my family, and sat down for a moment.  Seems like I’ve fallen asleep again, Stephen.  Strange that I’m even aware I’m here in Krilleeos with you.”
 Turning back around in his seat and looking through the carved struts of the gazebo, admiring the lush area, “Well, I know the feeling, my wife Leeann would love it here, and my daughter Norah would absolutely adore this gazebo, and all these wildflowers.”
 Stephen’s eyebrows questioned what the hummingbird was whispering to the little girl after it flew onto her shoulder.  She asked with a frightened look, “Flowers?”
 He pointed out into the field behind her, “Yeah? There were yellow flowers a moment ago before it started raining.”  Suddenly his expression contorted into one of utter disgust as dead, bloated bodies littered a water-logged plain with no trees in sight.
 Suddenly they were both standing side by side among the corpses, with the ten-year-old asking the man, “I guess you think we deserve all this, too?”
 He woke up screaming, drenched in sweat.

…………………………………………………………………………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK