Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

TNA NOTES to self

///////////////////The Dialogue of: The Book of Dreams: ////////////////////
My name is Miriam.
I live in the city of Uruk
I enjoy visiting the ford of the Branny River, it’s where I draw water for my family.
We do not live in the city but outside the walls in our tents as has always been our custom.

My mother told me nothing of my father.
He was a man of another family and wife, but loved her all the same on occasion.
He was not around when I was a suckling babe and a forgotten, unnamed memory in my youth.
I was the last Keeper of the Nasilian Skin Scroll;
that most cherished relic among the Bedouin people of Slavath.

After the war which destroyed so much, their Words fell to other carriers.
My grandmother’s mother, then down to me in turn.
Never before the devastation were women entrusted with the contents of the case.
We became the forgotten curriers of the Remembered’s silent-voice.

If you truly are beyond this sleeping realm of Krilleeos, then I give it to you.
After my husband’s father saw us through the great purge I buried the case.
Like the dead, I set upon its resting place the four-cornered eyes of the divine.
Concealed beside their Sea in its smallest chamber for you to find.

My father-in-law cursed the age we left, and Japheth knew not of the skins.
Four years after I buried our past my husband died;
a year and a day later I met you in Krilleeos.
If you …... shall know of the Nasil-Remembered;
that we will not be forgotten after the world’s purge either.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


@@@@@@@@@THE END@@@@@@@@

Christopher went to see the gazebo but got there in time to see it collapsed by a bulldozer.  On the other side of the rubble he saw the woman from his dreams.

  Arlene asked Jacob, “Hun, wasn’t your grandmother’s name Ablgail?  Jacob?”
  His face had lost all expression as he huge eyes suddenly began squinted, she could tell his thoughts were perplexed, she asked again, “Jacob, your father, what was his wife’s name?”
  Slowly turning to Steward, whose own jaw had gone lax as well, “Christopher’s second was Abigail.  Father’s mother was ---.”
  Steward answered, “Miriam.”

No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK