Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

OUR HISTORY'S NAMES


I have kind of been the family historian; asking questions, writing things down, and interested in genealogy, since I was old enough to read.
From my earliest childhood memories of visiting my father's parents, I fell in love with the idea of our family having a place in histroy. With each visit, Granny Snow would fret and fuss over the details of our sleeping arrangements, and making everyone comfortable. After all had settled down she would automatically head for the living room closet to recover a book which she would always hand me, with that endearing smile of hers. Within the pages of THE TEXAS SNOWS, I not only read my own name, but escaped into the discoveries of an almost forgotten time; stories heard only around my grandparent's kitchen table. Stories which came alive with even more depth. From then on I was hooked!
Even though those lives have passed away,
are worth remembering . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK