Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

The Watcher's Book: EKIM

THE WATCHER'S BOOK:
The Explorer's Map
========================================

    In that distant village, so deep in those ancient woods I was welcomed as though I was meant to be there.  Two days after I ventured upon the ‘lost people’ I learned many things I had never heard of before.  They pointed out a man named Ekim.  He was said to have been a man of some importance.  He could interrupted dreams and had on occasion even told the worrisome soul the very dream they had forgotten, and its meaning.
   So I told him my dream, “The very night before I left home, twelve years ago I dreamt of stars passing in a blur overhead in the night sky and counted the full moon fourteen times go by me.  In that time a sapling tree grew to full height. As it bore fruit a great lion and three lionesses approached the great tree and sat beneath its shade.  Three more moons went by then suddenly I noticed that it was not a lion at all but a hyena wearing a lion’s skin.  The three lionesses suddenly transformed into crocodiles and began devouring the lion-hyena.  They tore it limb from limb destroying it completely.  The tail grew into a lion cub, and then the crocodiles themselves, becomes male lions as well and bowed down to the cub. 
  In truth; that dark dream had always disturbed me.  So, if it is true you are a man of grave insight then please, by all means ease my mind with what it means.”

   Ekim, the bearded man dressed in colorful layer of robes and a twisted vine-staff smiled, walked away and then turned back to me and said, “In the passage of time twelve years have seen a new king rise to power beneath the Tower of Mithar.  In fact he is the second Priest to wear the royal crown.  Mark this day and your visit before me, because today his three closet advisors have slain him for he betrayed his people with wicked deceptions.  His son, raised by another mother shall take his father’s place and restore honor to the office as King and pronounce a new High Lord to be chief among the priest instead of himself.  All deceptions come to light my friend.  Seventeen years to the very day shall you return home; and what I have just told you will see you rise in power also.”

........................
A great explorer ventured through the lands of Eriduah, and after 17 years returned home with great stories and wonders causing many to be amazed. Jorielle Montrul's map was gifted to the newly crowned boy king who pronounced the explorer as the new High Priest.


No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK