Lithium or not I was on the verge of an emotional break down. When the Vet Hospital informed us this morning that our new puppy had pulled through; even they were "surprised" by the miracle. We were expecting Teddy to pass away from the ingestion of accidentally spilt medication and then left with a $1,200.oo bill. Instead we got a shaved, living Shih tuz and a $600.oo bill, (and a 12 month plan to pay it off). All the way around we are blessed and beyond grateful and lessons learned with sharper eyes on our fur-baby.