Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Joy and Sorrow. . .

Seems the Turn of the Wheel is just a mixture of Joy and Sorrow...

Last week our long time pet passed away, and we've been dealing with the depression of 'letting go.' Just yesterday my wife broke down, and gave in to her need for that special companionship again, as she and my daughter surfed the internet and found another dog. Liz bought her a seven week old, red, male poodle puppy. Since they are both huge Laurell K. Hamilton fans, she named the puppy after one of the Ware characters: Micha.

We took Micha out the Park for a hearty walk, laughed at his hopping prances, and giggled at his growelings as we three bonded. As much as we loved, and will continue to miss our April; Micha is by no means her replacement. Ones joy only sooths the sorrow of the others loss. There were brief moments when we shared memories of our last dog's bonding, as our new puppy's play held our tears back - I guess the getting on is helped on with the passage of time.

Mixed is all this mundane drama is the anticipated joys of my daughter's first child in a few weeks. "Shavanna Alise" - will be like watching my daughter all over again; as my wife, and I begin our turn of the Wheel as grandparents - such is the Joys and sorrows of our lives...

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was a pretty interesting post. Though sorry for the loss of ur dog. But in the words of Robert Frost "Life goes on"

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK