Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

April Snow


TO THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND................. Unless you have had a pet, for any length of time; where the passing of years endear them even more to you as a family member - you might not be able to appreciate their loss, and the pain of that losing. Thirteen years ago my wife and I selected from a poodle litter, one such pet who became that cherished member of our family. Early this morning "April" passed away. After three days of uncharacteristic behaviors, she struggled to stay with us; fighting the sudden onset of a resently learned heart disease. Though I have lost pets before to the sting of death; however, in all honesty I can truthfully say that none have ever made me cry so much, not their passing so deeply felt, as the loss of our beloved poodle. My wife and I will be married 23 years come April 17; this dog was with us for 13 of those years. So, to call her a "family member" is no light thing. Extremely intelligent, attentive to our mood changes, and more obedient than a child. Never have I gleaned more of an example of true, unconditional love, and friendship, than from this one animal. "Thank you, April, for having allowed us to be a part of your life," was one of the last things we told her, during her last night of labourious battle to hang on. I believe that if humans are blessed with an afterlife, then it must also be filled with such gentle spirits as our April. Through a tearful gaze my heart feels her beside my mother-in-law; as they both await their loved ones. -----------To all those who understand, I share our tears with you.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I do understand. I lost my beloved cat in december. And I still cry for him. He was like a child to me. No exaggeration. That was what he was. I don't expect people to understand...

    Take joy in the fact that your dog had a long and happy life! I'm sure her life was filled with love...

    And I do hope they are waiting for us on the other side.

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK