Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Childhood Influences

Fasinating the events that influence our lives. I was born six months before JFK was killed, grew up during the 1960s during the Viet Nam War era and greatly embued with the feelings of govermental distrust. Having been a Jehovah's Witness, the Armageddon indoctrination of the WatchTower's Cult stifeled even more my outlook on life. I loved the Planet of the Apes movies, yet again was the gloom of a crumbling society. I remember ROOTS and feeling the "guilt" of being a member of the White Race during the late 70s. But in becoming a teenager I also remembered the humor of the (60s) Dick Van Dyke Show, the hope of Star Trek, and the vision of Star War's of brighter times ahead.
We will continue to have higher gas prices, terrorist wars, growing weather concerns, viruses around the corner - but such doom and gloom is only an aspect of the world in which we live. I can't afford to see the world in such black and white absolutes any more.
The world is a wonderious place, filled with oppertunites for self improvement, and strivings to reach out to others. I know I can't change the world, I stoped trying years ago; but to live the best where we are and be an encouragement to others in sharing our experiences. Many have influenced me into wanting to become a better person - to them thanks are beyound words.

No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK