Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Moran

THE TEXAS SNOWS, Page 6; (c) 1971
"...Moses Moran Snow served in the Army for the Confederate States of America.  He enrolled the 7th of Sept 1861 under the leadership of Captain George Freeman, in the Pedernales Home Guard Calvary Co.   His rank is shown as 4th Sgt.  While searching for bushwackers, he was killed by a squad of Captain Dorbandndt's Militia."

   After many years of reading this and being somewhat confused by the wording I was able to do some research and became very enlighten on "what" this really meant.  Moses Snow deserted the Confederate Army and went back to his frontier log cabin home in Texas, to defend his family on the border of 'Indian lands'.  Many deserters were hunted down because they had become outlaws and "bushwackers" [Highwaymen, 'jumping out of the bushes to wack' and kill those hunting them]; Moses Moran Snow was not one of them, but a deserter who ran home to his family.  He was actually killed in his home [with] his wife.



click to enlarge

I am currently working on my family history book and this blog post is a 'note to self' scribble. The names are links to the Find-A-Grave website which I've used as a resource in my book.



Moses Simons   John Alden     Priscilla Mullins     John Peabody                 William Browne
          I                                 II                      I                        I                                         I   
Mary Simons - Joseph Alden; Elizabeth Alden ---- William Peabody                   Peter Browne
                                            I                                                                                          I
                                            I                                                 William Snowe -- Rebecca Browne
                                            I                                                                          II
                                           Hopestill Alden…………………………...Joseph Snow
                                                                                 I
                                                               David Snow --- Joanna Haywood
                                                                                I
                                                               Joseph Snow Ruth Shaw
                                                                                  I
                                                                Moses Snow Anna Batchelder
                                                                                  I
                                                           Jesse SnowSara Standard
                                                                       I
                                                 Moses Moran SnowAley Pruit
                                                                      I
                                                 Jessie Snow---Aley Lackey  Andrew---Winnie  Joseph---Sarah  
                                                                           I                           II                               II      
Natividad Longoria-Albina Valdes   John David Snow-Alma  Allen---Sarah  John---Elizabeth   
                     II                                       II                                          II                II
Rosalio Longoria--Roas Rosales Elmo Snow--Drusilla Newsom  DeLane--Mamie   Wilma  Irene
                I                         I                            II                                          I                    I           I
Guadalupe Longoria----Reyalda Trevino  Bobbie Snow---Linda Townsend  Betty Scott...Jesse Llyod
            I                                   I                                  II                                                    II
Ana Marie Longoria----Benito Alejandro Garza          David DeLane Snow----Alice Irene Smith
                               II                                                                                  II
           James Cuauhtémoc Garza…………………………….Elizabeth Rebecca Snow
                                                                       II                                                       
                      Savannah Alise Garza; Jamison DeLane Garza; Ember Marie Garza


No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK