Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Twist

I've always found time travel fasinating. Wouldn't it be interesting, if poosible - to somehow; knowing what we know now- to go back into the past, not so much to change the world, but to at least make better choices in life, than our original blunders?

However, I think if time travel were possible; I think instead of H.G. Well's The Time Machine, it would be more like A Christmas Carol's third ghost. I think we could only be Time Observiors, rather than perticipants.

In fact many things I do in life are viewed in that vein. Prior to an important decision I use the phsychology of "what if I've now gone back in time to this very moment - and this is my second chance? To make things right." Somewhat a perfectionist attitude I guess, or just plain nuts, hum.

Any thoughts, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. If we could go back in time to change the past... would we learn from our mistakes? We might be completely unrational and end up dead before we can change the past. But then of course a friend can go back in time to save your life. And technically you could be immortal. Just keep going back in time and you're all set. It would give a whole new meaning to total control. You can go back and snuff out all your enemies as well. Or you could go on a killing spree and then just go back in time. Or rob a bank and take the money with you. Or you could go really far back into time and you'd be so smart that you would be worshipped as a god. Damn, there's just to many variables to think about. Good post though. I'll be thinking about this for a week now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..just because you can go into the future does not mean that you will willingly choose the correct outcome. If you have self esteem and sabatoge issues, making a definitive choice, let's say of a life altering future situation can be most difficult....

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK