Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Elizabeth...


My daughter has made me so proud to be a father. They say you don't know if you're a good parent utill you see your children with their own; I guess we didn't do too bad.

My daughter was born and raised in a south Texas town where the teen pregnancy, and high school dropout rate were extremely high; yet, she was neither. A friend of my daughter has children that she verbally, and physcially abuses. Liz scolds, and admonishes her to be a better mother; knowing that no amount of excuses, nor personal issuses is a good enough reason not to change history with your new beginning. The way Liz is with Savannah makes me cry with pride. It's not easy raising a child, but she's finding the way, and writing her own manuel. Her boyfriend, (the baby's father) James, came from a rough upbring; but I am very proud of him.

My wife and I were very much in the same place they are in now; James is proving himself to be a man and a father - earning his stripes. Though they're not married, he tried to put my daughter on his insurance; got a much larger apartment, fought and got a better job, and a promotion; he's striving to be a good provider.

It's not at all easy being a parent - in any times.

I tried. With all my faults; seeing how my granddaughter is being raised - I guess we didn't do too bad.

3 comments:

  1. Our culture are definitely different. Its a taboo here, having children out off wedlocks.... but I guess, in the name of progress, things will change....

    But it make me feel proud of knowing you, as you are a responsible person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Returning a visit. Very cool. I plan to come around and read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eveytime I read your posts about your daughter and grandaughter the love you have for them comes through.They are lucky to have you in their life

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK