Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

HAPPY FATHER's DAY, Dad...


My Dad had a hard and difficult life growing up. An early member of the Baby Boomers Generation, he had seen his share of changes in the world. He held many jobs; from making Pizzas, a sheet metal worker, Machineist, Coca-Cola Repair Manager, Small Bussiness Owner, Landlord, to even a School Bus Driver. Never afraid of a day's work, my Dad was always the perfectionist, "If you can't do things right the first time, then when will you?" was his motto to live by.

My Dad strived his whole life, as a father, to be the best example of a "man" that he could be. With all the weaknesses of a human being, he was the best hero a son could have hoped for. My dad taught me how to change a tire, go fish, paint a picture, plant a garden, wash a dog, laugh, love his family, be a hard worker, be hard and firm, compassionate and a friend; he was as complex, and diverse as they come. With many aspects wothy of emulation you could not find a better person; "Father Knows Best" had nothing on my dad. For he was the real deal. He wasn't worried about being the popular image of the time, but about doing the best at the time. I never understood, nor really apreciated him til I became a "dad" myself; by then I was no longer a kid. I think one of the greatest things my dad every taught me, as a man, was to never be afraid to say "I love you" - then back it up with actions.

After having become an adult, one of the most powerful tools my dad ever gave me was the gift of validation; when, in the back yard by a huge tree, he said, 'Son, I'm proud of you...' I never asked for that compliment; I only strived to earn it by being the best man I could be - an example to others, a friend, an honest man with integrity.

"Happy Father's Day, Dad, I love you, everyday..."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to our dads, we are what we are now. I guess not so bad afterall.....

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK