Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Military Civilians


I served in the Army Texas National Guard during the "first" Gulf War; state side mind you - as a Chaplain's Assistant, and never experienced combat. I am not a supporter of the present occupation of Iraq; however, we're there now, and at least the men/ women who have been called up do deserve and require, our concerns, prayers, and thoughts of safe returns.

I have a friend who is a civilian contractor, (the individual at the far left in picture, all black); over in Iraq right now. Military or not, simply being an American they deserve our support; my friend and those protecting him - who are serving our country's interest.

You know, it's a funny how something as small as a photograph can really put a face on the cost to this post 911 world.

"Hurry home when you can, Barry; you're not forgotten!"

1 comment:

  1. I pray that your friend will get home safe and sound. I hope sincerely he is where he is helping people in need.

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK