Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Painting

 

This is a painting I did THE TOWERS OF ROMORE, done on a Masonite board using acrylic paint; given to my wife as a 33 wedding anniversary gift.

   Years ago I assisted a dear friend of mine, Mike Cope with a junior High School project of painting a picture for our teacher, Pat Dunn.  I would say Mike did maybe 90% of it. A scene looking "through a window" into Middle-Earth. The predominant feature was the Hobbit Tree, and yes The Lonely Mountain in the background; which was my 10% contribution.


   I can sketch and do fairly well at pen and ink drawings but am uncomfortable with the fluid and lack of control and no patience with acrylic or oil painting.  My father enjoyed oil painting and did several wonderful examples.


...


No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK