Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

THE WATCHERS REQUIEM

  When my mother-in-law passed away in 1989 I suddenly became hyperly aware of a great many things; mortality for one. I began writing poetry, scant pieces of which remain to this day.  There was a time of "purging" (I wont go into now); for 'whatever' reason - I threw everything I had composed away.  Many years later I re-visited those "ancient" concepts and began re-writing them.  This time around, the ideas grew by leaps and bound with ever increasing depth. I refer to this story as my oldest efforts in trying to write a novel; for it has an epic scale I'm trying to complete and find it's ending.
    For many, many years now I have been pounding away on this story which has evolved into one of great complexity.  The Watcher's Requiem has languages, maps, genealogy, appendix of name meaning, timelines.  It is a story within a story about a story with a twist; well several twist within twists.

   Using both The Bible and Middle-Earth as my background stage the main character, a Jacob Townsend has reoccurring "nightmares" about a time and place that is beyond his experience.  He not only gets in contact with his long lost brother, but is gifted a family inheritance as well.  Come to find out Jacob has been dreaming of a character from his inheritance.
  As an archaeologist, their grandfather had discovered an ancient relic deemed "too incredible to be accepted by his peers". It was 'a book', entitled: THE REQUIEM. It was an account of a fallen time in history; recorded in the pre-biblical era.  The antediluvian period of the nephilim age, of a forgotten people.



No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK