Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

3X16= Exhaustion

I'm off today and tomorrow. I'm glad to be off for awhile. Just venting, just sharing, just me... I do realize others have their own lives and tolerances but this is my journey. Sadly I'm not as youthful as I once pretended to be. I finished working three back to back 16 hour days and am utterly spent. My silly State Supported Job "leadership" always 'devise' new ways of help us build personal character. The "new thing" now is we can only work 2 (count them 2) days in a row back to back; the most OFTP [Over Time For Pay] days is 5 (but not to worry they wont pay you for 7, 8, 9 + days Oh nooo those are Comp day). Any who. I worked two 16 hour days back to back; then the other night they told me I was "stuck" (I hate that word). I informed the night shift Supervisor that I had already worked my allotted two days. The reply I got was, "Oh but tonight begins the new Pay Cycle."
I guess my body didn't get the message my brain was told. Yesterday morning as I got off my third 16 hour shift I woke up twice crossing over the broken line on the highway into the other lanes. Blessed that both times traffic was forgiving.
Last night I refused to stayover even as a co-worker almost slipped out trying to stick me. Just saying. One of these days I wont be posting here and well - you may figure out why.

No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK