Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Voices

Some people do not not seem to realize how much their voice makes a different. Our "voices" make a huge impact, and expressed in various ways.  Of course there is the obvious verbal voice: whispered, soft spoken, lilt, song, smug, wit; characterizations we use to enhance and demonstrate to the world beyond of our inner thoughts.  We convey, with our voice tone and inflection, as well as word choices.  Our voice can often validate what a viewer sees in our facial expression or body language.  Often times; however, there is the conflicting duality that what we say in words do not always match up with our physical, verbal expression.  For example, a depressive mood may be masked by an outward redirection of a smile, change in tone or gesture away from having someone else address our true inner thoughts.

   Voices matter.  Take those on the Radio.  When I lived in Dallas, a few years ago, (passed 75 and 635); I use to listen to music on the radio.  Since I work that second shift, (2:00 PM [1400] to 10:00 PM [2200]); and the journey back home especially in the evening was tiring I would often "fall asleep".  So the radio was nice to listen to on the long drive.  I began to 'fall asleep' or most of the time drifting thoughts found their way into manifesting as depression.  So I started listening to Talk Radio.  Getting distracted in the topic and various views not always my own kept me alert to driving, informed me of the events of the day and helped me away from depressive feelings.
  Texting is a new thing to me.  I love people.  I find people most fascinating. I dislike texting. There is no voice to listen to.  Actually, what has gotten me into writing more has been texting.  I find it immensely frustrating to capture emotion in the briefest of words.  I am still struggling with my writing craft, but think I have gotten somewhat better at it.  Texting is a world unto itself.  I dislike 20 clarifying texts to amend a poorly understood comment.  Mentally exhausting; trying to decipher where I crossed my wires of understanding in the first place.  I've begun finding "voice" in "text".  LOL I feel like Dexter at times; in that learning social interactions are very awkward and discerning "text" "voice" very disconcerting.




No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK