Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Micah Snow

 
   Micah was our pet poodle; a very special dog.  We had Micah from 2005 to 2015.  Ten years flies by and is too brief a time to enjoy the company of a truly intelligent, loving and compassionate friend as Micah had become.  What can be said about a dog.  He had character, and knew how to use it.  A dear friend refers to "pets" as 'fur- people'.  Indeed, Micah was "people".  Since he was a pup he tried to nuzzle under my neck as my head rested on a pillow in bed at night.  As a grown dog he loved climbing onto of my shoulders whenever I sat at my desk.  He would always beg for food at Alice's armrest-side; never taking from the plate to which his wet nose was pointed.  He made us laugh; and we think he knew he brought us joy.  He loved barking and calling attention to outside distractions, but yielded when called back in a calm voice, as he aimed to please.  My poodle taught me so much; about myself, I hate re-learning what grief is about again. Words fail; or they go into rambling.  Sorrow, weeping, loss of breath, runny nose, puffy eyes, deep sadness, a helplessness in not being able to un-do his passing, memories of happy times make the sadness of the initial loss even more profound.  The dog had personality and it will be dearly missed.  With a glowing smile Micah's eagerness always gave a tail-wag.



  The grand-kids spent the weekend with us and we had a good time, feeling a little bad they certainly lifted his spirits. From time to time he would get 'sick': quiet, loss of appetite and very slow. Upon our return from taking the kids home back in Dallas; Micah's condition had worsen. The next day his health was failing. His recovery was a day or so; this last time there was no recovery and watching him pass was terribly heartbreaking.  It is a most difficult thing laying an animal to rest when they show themselves to be more than 'just a pet'.  I buried him in the field near our apartment complex. Digging the whole, wrapping them up, covering them up and placing somethings to mark the area as special.  In a year will will be moving from these apartment.  I hope and pray this area remains 'marked' for us to return. Walks wont be the same, nor exploring the wooded area.  How do you describe the loss of a friend?  Realizing that the one who was always there no matter your mood swing was eager to love.  He was playful at bed time for his treats; I just pray his rest is peaceful as he is much loved and will be sorely missed.  We loved you MICAH, thank you for allowing us to be yours.








6 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for yalls loss. I know how hard it is to lose a family member. My sweet kitty Jasmine, who I had the joy of loving for 11 years, is buried in the same field. Hopefully she found him and is showing him the ropes.
    All my love,
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the sweet words; you were indeed the best neighbor we ever had. In a year from now we too will move from this location, but hopefully Micah's grave site will remain. My ferrets: Sam and Rosie are with Jasmine and Mic also.
    Love Alice and David.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a nice article. It is really useful to me and all people. One think in my mind came while reading that it is not wasting of time. Open games on your computer, tablet or phone with our website browser for easy gaming. http://kizi-games.net | Bob The Robber 2 is a great place to play the best free online.

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK