Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Homage to Tolkien


My story takes place in Middle Earth, but it is not quiet the same world as in The Lord of the Rings. For many things have changed: Hobbiton is no more, its people dispersed, Gondor and Rohan not even mentioned, Haradrim is over run by the Barukian Empire. The dwarves of Kazuldum, vanished with only a trace of their desendants left in a western divided land. The elves... departed. With all but a remnant who stayed behind at the Grey Havens, now called Mithar.

The more things change the more they remain the same; for the old world has passed away yet its troubble ever remain the same.

Just as the Nephilim, who once walked the Middle Lands before Noah's day, caused chaos so too does their mentality remain in our world today. For the greedful lust of man's heart, and his desire to find himself apart from that chaos continues to be an elusive dream worthy of the search.

I'm still writing on my story, but new twists, and turns come up. New characters find their way into its landscape, which I've not met before. Finding a way to give them all voices is proving to be a challenge; not to mention all the mechanics involved in the storytelling process to begin with, is interesting - so bear with me...

3 comments:

  1. I like the map..very illuminating as to where your story is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I both love LOTR. I'd be interested in reading some new fanfic when you get ready to post it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The map of Middle Earth looks a lot like France...

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK