Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Knock At the Door...




...Going downstairs to open the door, I was greeted by two well dressed very polite women. They weren't "black" but Servants of God!

Good Moring! Rather chiper, 'eh?
Morning. Them, hummm... Here we go -
Have you noticed how depressing the news is these days? Like so many of us you have undoubtedly wished God would invene... Got that right-
...Do you read the Bible?
No, haven't in years.
We have found that you are not alone. Many just don't seem interested, but have you not ever wonder if God...
blah blah blah, with a numbing humm buzzing in my head. Been here before-
Moments later, as I politely allow her preprogramed rambbling come to where I am allowed to answer...
-So, would you be open to exploring God's word as shown through these resource magizines?
Well, I would rather share a parting scripture with you instead. If you could read Deuteronmy 18:20-22 aloud for me, please?
Alright. Reluctantly agreeable...
"HOWEVER, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. YOU must not get frightened at him."

So, does God have a prophet today?
Well, not per sa...
-A 'mouth piece,' or Body, or Organization?
Yes...
-Well, it is from that religion that I am a Proud Apostate. Please mark down somewhere, for others that I am not interested in future visits by Jehovah's Witness, thank you.
We will. Leaving with smiles, but obviously stuned.

4 comments:

  1. What Ms. Pumps and Mr. Grayslacks don't know is that inside Mr. Suit's satchel is the severed arm of a nine year old boy. If you are an astute observer, you will notice the manner in which the woman on the left has slightly flexed her head in a furtive attempt to better discern what she (quite correctly) suspects is a putrescent odor emanating from the black leather case. Mr. Suit took great care to wrap the orphaned appendage in cellophane, dressing it several times over much as a spider will package a trembling fly. But having spent hours in the leather case without the benefit of refrigeration to slow the inexorable march of decomposition, the arm, despite its cellulose tomb, has begun to stink.

    Mr. Grayslacks and Ms. Pumps will have an argument about that odor once Mr. Suit has left. Ms. Pumps will insist on the accuracy of her olfactory ("I know I smelled something strange!"), while Mr. Grayslacks will counter that even if the malodor was indeed decay, it could quite easily be explained as "leftovers from lunch or some such thing." The argument will end shortly thereafter with....

    Oh... wait. Falconmyst has completed the text to accompany the image. It was absent just a moment ago. Looks like I was wrong. Ms. Pumps and Mr. Suit are Jehovah's Witnesses and they are proselytizing to Mr. Grayslacks. [Embarrassed shrug] That'll teach me to leap before I look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often suggest that if they're truly sincere, then the best way to know whether the translations are accurate is to become proficient in ancient Greek. Minimally, this would require studying the language at the PHD level.
    If they merely rely upon other "fallible mens'" interpretations, then how can they be sure? Is it just a leap of faith?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome....

    I was somewhere else (damn, now I'll have to remember where) where they were looking for good ways to get rid of JW's! lol
    I'll pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They visited me once long time ago... I made the mistake admitting I am a Muslim..... At that time, terrorist was not the lime light.... But they stayed and lectured me for hours......

    Oh that was when I was in Illinois....

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK