Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Our Gathering...

Our gathering included Me! of course, my wife - Alice, her brother Michael, my daughter Elizabeth, her fiance James, their daughter Savannah; James' mother Anna, her daughter Michell, and her other brother Christopher. A small apartment full that quickly felt the warmth of family ties, love, and a sence of hope that carries through well beyond the coming of winter or next year.
Though we don't have a dinning room table, chairs nor even the fancy place settings; we all ate from plates carefully placed in our laps, while we cheerfully laughed and exchanged the details of our individual Thankfullness for one anothers affections. America can be a crazy country, with all its woes, yet we're grateful to call it Home.
Alice out did herself this year - with what was undoubtedly her best Turkey to date; complimenting our traditional trimings of carefully prepared Stuffing, yams, gravy - the works. I am most thankful, that for all of my many deeply flawed shortcomings - she has been the constant reason for getting up in the morning and facing the fears of the day; I am Thankful, grateful, HAPPY, and very Blessed that my wife is in my life. May Yule be filled with just as much contentment and peace; and May the Reader be so Blessed as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK