Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Through a stony field of scattered brush and holly;

westward till I crossed the river's pebbled ford,

journeying as a solitary stranger dressed in somber grey.

-

On the second evening of a moondimmed pitch

the night became bathed in a blazing light,

as screams rose louder from the torched city.

-

Arriving upon Uruk's frightful confusion,

where a firery slaughter had awakened its slumbering guards;

its warriors caught unaware by a stealthy enemy.

-

I entered that battle unsumonsed -

with bow at ready and dagger sheathed

searching, without finding its cause for alarm.

-

As if still cloaked, my presence went unnoticed

as the people ran in panicked defense;

I sought that precious maiden who had won my heart.

-

She who gave my life its renewed purpose

and refuge during that time of my foolish exile;

ere Ra`More's fell demise by Nephilim hands.

-

"Erin-Enava!" I cried in vain in the night;

stepping through the body littled streests

as smoke gathered in that burning city of men.

-

A voice that once sang to me with laughter,

now faintly called amid the bleating commands of a whip;

from a house which blazed near the Eastern Gate.

-

Entering that smoldering threshold I saw her

crouching upon the floorwith blocked arms

warding off the blow of a raised whip.

-

A Nephilim dressed in silver-black's High garb

stood over his subdubed victim in mid swing'

quickly turned his mithrel armor to my inturtion.

-

We stood rival to rival at last facing our choice;

unwavering my arrow let loose to protect -

found its hiddious mark deep within his chest.

-

In one fell move the pain melted away the years;

he slumpt to his knees and fell upon his side

as his helmeted face was suddenly revealed.

-

The scribe stared as his brother's voice

came from the heap before him, "Feandar!

Betrayed... it's over, now I see..." Whip released.

-

Raptured from that baneful placed I gathered Enava

unto myself in a smothering embrace

as we fled those crumbling timber flames.

-

Beyond the city's burning wall I was counted

among those homeless ones who stared with

hollowed, numbed nothingness.

-

Enava lay dead in my arms, limp warmth

as her beauty remained to me unmarred

with her ashen face and rent garments.

-

"My Morning Love" remained forever unchanged

in my memories, yet her cooling form returned

not the sweet affecction we once exchanged.

-

I allowed her daughter to clean and redress her;

as after my people's fashion I consecrated her

with oils and spices, then bound her in my cloak.

-

Long I sat by her side meditating of our love;

lives briefly lived then quickly taken away -

tender was my soul-mate which none could replace.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Cool pix and words, amazing! Great stuff. Love the otherwordly fantastical feeling! Mary :-)

    http://imagik.blogspot.com/ :-)

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK