Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

"The Gang"

Way back in the day, a thousand years ago; when I was in high school, I use to play an early version of Dungeons & Dragons! It's a role playing game. Using graph paper and pencil to map out directions, as a group of gathered adventures would roam through medevial storylines in over active imaginations. We acted out - what later became massively complex computer games - stories for our alter egos.

As I was 'coming out of the Watchtower's' influence I became aware, not only of D&D, but of larger friendships as well. Michael Cope, Paul Means, Shannon Love - who introduced me to my first "dungeon masters" Michael T. Smith & Donny Walker; and it was Tony Cox who first introduced me to the world of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Those names envoke powerful mental and emotional images for me; they were giants of encouragement and inspiration to me - just when I needed heros the most.

For me, the late 1970's were indeed my wonder years. Long before my awaking, Michael T. Smith had already experienced his own grand adventures in life. Before the advent of the INTERNET his circle of friends began to toy with an idea a little more ancient. THE SCROLL, was the concept where a paper of essays were to be circulated among friends. Those expressed ideas would be elaborated on by the readers, and finalized by an 'editor-in-chief.' Though it wasn't quiet earth shaking, nor original - for the concept was derived from various famous literary groups; yet, The Scroll was a bonding method for a generation of new 'deep thinkers.'

So, these many years later, THE SCROLL is disembarking into a new incarnation, via the internet. Every grand adventure must have have a beginning. . .


_____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK