Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

I'm Alive Now...

I was watching Jerry Lewis in an interview awhile back, and thought he made an interesting comment. Someone asked him how he wanted to be remembered, and he replied "instead of remembering me why don't you just live with me now."

Last week I went for an eye exam, took a few days off from work over an extended weekend; and when we got back my new glasses came in. I hadn't really had the luxury of having two pairs before, so this is a treat for me. But the funny thing was - as I was wearing the 'shades' I thought 'so what do I do with the regular ones?' After looking around a bit and thinking; my jacket gets tosed about too much, so does the backpack... So I ended up with the simple choice - stuffed the case in my chest pocket!

Suddenly, I could have been knocked over by a feather - "I've become my Dad!" WOW!

My dad always carried his second pair in his pocket. Just didn't look cool. Too much like a nerd's pocket protector filled with pens to me. Then, ha ha ha, I was suddenly doing the same obviously simple thing. Wow. How The Wheel Turns! The 'ol man had it right the whole time.

Why does it seem to be in our deepest human nature to "remember" people after their gone? Yet, in simplest of details we strive to go our own way, instead of learning or growning from others. Ooo how that use to drive me crazy - watching that very aspect in my own daughter. Humph, interesting how I'm no different.

Well, my Dad knows that I love him - "unmanly" as it is say - I don't care. I remember you now and always, Dad. Hopefully I will have gleened the best of your qualities, even in those smallest of details.

No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK