Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

No Time Off For the Wicked

I work sixteen hours Saturday, and on Sunday - with an eight hour 'lap over' day on Tuesday evenings. Been with the State for going on seven years now with loayal attendence, using my sick time off sparingly throughout. And just when I request a weekend off to go visit my Dad; they say nope. "We're shorthand, people have quit or gotten fired, and we're awaiting a new Orientaion group to finish soon;" all this said by those who just got back from their own three week vacation.

The grinding wheels just keep grinding - over the regular worker it seems. I've been asked multiple times to take leadership roles; I refuse to be another 'fall guy' - when it'll only increase my stress levels, making the pay that much more rediculiously painful to accept wouldn't be worth it.

Job satisfaction isn't what it use to be; working with individuals who need constant redirction in their lives, on a moment by moment basses is one thing, but continuiously having to battle the 'system' of fools who run it is defeating.


No comments:

Post a Comment


FACEBOOK