Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

"Beam me up, Scotty!"


One of my earliest childhood memories has to be laying out on the living room floor with my brother and parents eating carmeled apples. The darkened room was aglow with STAR TREK on the TV. Oh how it fired my imagination. Sadly noted on the news today that Scotty has passed away. Thus ends another chapter in Trek's long history. Deforest Kelly, Roddenberry, and Jeffersy have all passed among the stars, now another friend has joined them.

My eyes teared at the thought of losing an old friend, for indeed James Doohan and all the rest were as friends to me, my friends, and all who came to be inspired by the univeral hopes they extended to us all in the vision of Star Trek. Instead of a doom and gloom filled future Star Trek envisioned a world where we would all be players of a better society. Where various races would be treated as one "humanity."

May the rewards of Mr. Doohan be granted, for his light burned brightly upon so many...

1 comment:

  1. someone told me that 'beam me up scotty' was actually never said on the series!

    That floored me

    J

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK