Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Here fishy fishy. . .



Yesterday was my birthday. I cherish my seclusion, for I have that hermit personality; however, it's always a joy when the kids - (Gesssh! am I that old now?), come over. Alice gave me a great little digital camera - pictures coming soon. Lizabeth, my daughter and James her fiance, gave me a fish aquarium which was a nice surprise.

Years ago I use to have a 55gal freshwater aquarium and due to moving about we felt we had to give it up, so having fish again - even a 10 gal. is a nice feeling. I love getting lost in watching them swim about. Wondering what their little brains are conjuring up, as they staire at the giagantic aliens just outside their glassed universe. I do have a Saltwater Screensaver, but nah - it's not quiet the same, though there is less work involved.

I live a quiet life and the greatest joy I have is spending time with my faimly, and the few friends I have who've ventured by our nest. I am deeply grateful for those I have, the ancient ones and the ones newly grafted.

2 comments:

  1. My grandparents had a big ol' fish tank when I was a kid and I can tell you it was nothing but a hassle. Those fish complained all the time. Conditions of the tank weren't right, we weren't consistent enough with the feedings, little to no aquatic entertainment, intellectually deficient environment, lack of individualized care, and on and on and fricken on. And the gossip! Jesus Mary Mother of God! It was always jibba jabba jibba about who was sleeping with whom, which fish ate their own feces, who was diseased, and blah, blah, blah. And not one of them liked the snails (which was interesting when you consider the snails did a helluva job trying to keep that tank clean). Eventually, I stopped hanging out by the tank. I just fed them and went on. Do you not experience any of these problems? If you don't, then lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At work we have a freshwater tank with a mighty Oscar and two not-so-mighty Tin Foil Barbs. The latter always make me hungry, because they look like pan fish.
    Also a goldfish, which is almost the size of the Oscar.
    My favorite fish was a little fat albino catfish that runs around the rocks and eats fish poop. His name is Hoover.

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK