Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

Just Because. . .

One year, after a delicious Thanksgiving meal, a man told his wife that he really enjoy the Ham, but wondered why it was that she always cut the ends off.
She had remarked that that was the way her mother had always prepared hers.
After some thought, she called her mother, only to find out that her mother, in turn always cut the ends off her Thanksgiving Ham, as well.
The woman, still preplexed called her grandmother, who replied,"Oh dear, I do that so it will fit into the pan, mine are so small..."

Isn't it funny, how so many times in our lives we do things out of rote tradition, never giving a second thought to why. "Well, just because." Like most of you, I was never quiet satisfied with that answer either.

My dad always said,"Boy, if you don't ask questions then you'll never learn." Since then, I've often wondered just how many times I've actually gone through life cuting the ends off Ham, without questioning...

2 comments:

  1. This was one of my favorite modern parables growing up. My pastor used to tell it, but in his version the grandmother says that the oven they had in their old house was so small...
    :)

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK