Thank you for taking the time to visit; enjoy the posts...

I Hear Your Weeping Butterflies

When the numbness of depression melts all emotions away
all I feel is the confused state of guilt that I should have stayed
caring, but needing more than what's been given I cry
not aloud for the world to scorn or uncaringly belie
but deep within, raging to silently scream for a resolution to come
not in suicide, but find an ending to regain my inner drum
silenced by situations that have run amok beyond my control
where truth has been turned aside and buried in a blackened hole
needing an escape I long to feel again the love once had
but those days have sliped away leaving my rut dull and drab;
yet, there lies hope -- ever a twisted thing played out upon my heart
dusted wings soaked in bitter tears unsoothed, melt in the dark
my resolution comes in the way I know best
its cost is heavily taxed with truth's acceptance at last.

4 comments:

  1. That's beautiful.....and yet, I can relate to it so well.

    Druglady

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's is so completely true...The beauty in what you write. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterflies, wasps, bald-faced hornets, mud daubers, dragonflies, carpenter bees.... Illegal bare-knuckle boxing matches between them all in my stomach. The butterflies actually fare pretty well. Did you know they tape their wings when they're in the ring? Allows for more mobility. Hasn't been a bout in a coupla days. If you took all my butterflies, what would you do with them? I don't know what the penalties are in Texas regarding bare-knuckle boxing, but just having them in your possession might land you in a heap of trouble. They're monarchs, you know. I've not known monarchs to be particularly aggressive, but this lot is given to truculence and bad manners. They'd just as soon spit at you as to thank you for your hospitality.

    I sincerely appreciate your offer to take them off my hands. Having them around doesn't help me get things done. They break things, you know, and eat up all my food. Plus, they spend hours in the shower. Hours. Good thing I'm not paying for water.

    ReplyDelete


FACEBOOK